I got Robby to make us another fabulous cocktail for #CranberryWeek! A “holly” is a wide variety of Christmas-time-ish cocktail that generally contains cranberry (but agrees on basically no other ingredients. Vodka? Champagne? Persimmon? Anything goes). This Pear Holly is simple, only four ingredients. It balances tart cranberry with sweet pear, a hint of herb for balance, and of course it has bubbles. It’s my firm belief that all the best cocktails have bubbles. Said bubbles plus the festive pink color make it super fun for holiday get-togethers. Serve in fancy glasses to make this even more impressive.
Pear Holly Notes
If you can find one, it’s really fun to use a sparkling rosé that’s meant to be served over ice; we used Veuve du Vernay Ice (under $15). But any rosé that you like will work.
Don’t forget to check out all the other amazing #CranberryWeek recipes!Print
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- 15-20 fresh cranberries
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 ounces pear juice
- Sparkling rosé
- Optional garnish: Frosted cranberries, crystallized ginger
- In a shaker glass, muddle cranberries with pear juice.
- Add 6 rosemary leaves and shake over ice.
- Strain into a wine glass over fresh ice. Top with sparkling rosé; stir lightly.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig and toothpick of cranberries and ginger.