My husband is my favorite person. He’s kind. He’s funny. And he makes awesome cocktails. Meet the Kentucky Cobbler!
In honor of National Blueberry Month, sweet-tart blueberries are muddled with agave nectar and lemon juice, then shaken with generous amounts of bourbon and brandy. Poured over ice, it’s a beautiful sipping drink fit for any occasion, sweet and distinctly blueberry-ed, but with a slow warmth underneath.
If we had served these on a patio while the last rays of a setting sun painted our perfect outfits gold, I would have voted for a classy lemon twist garnish. Since our group was sitting on couches, drifting through the galley kitchen, and trying to win the my-day-was-worse game while petting the dog, we garnished with kitschy umbrella straws. Know your audience.
What do I eat with a Kentucky Cobbler?
We paired these drinks with salad: spring mix, seared chicken, blueberries, toasted almonds, coconut white balsamic vinaigrette, and creamy goat cheese. The resulting mix of textures and smoky-sweet-clean flavors created a light yet substantial meal that perfectly matched the Kentucky Cobblers.
National Blueberry Month
If you’re feeling the blueberries, check out these other fabulous recipes from some other fabulous ladies!
- Blueberry Baked French Toast by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Sour Cream Crumb Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Frozen Blueberry Pops by The Redhead Baker
- Goat Cheese Panna Cotta with Balsamic Blueberries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon Berry Dump Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Roasted Blueberry Gin & Tonic by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Cocktail Series: Kentucky Cobbler
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Category: drink
- Cuisine: cocktail
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 ounce lemon
- 1/3 ounce blue agave nectar
- 1 1/2 ounce bourbon
- 1 ounce brandy
- In a cocktail shaker base, muddle blueberries. Add lemon juice and agave nectar and muddle a bit more.
- Add brandy and bourbon. Shake over ice.
- Strain over fresh ice. Garnish with a lemon twist or umbrella straw.
- Serving Size: 1 drink