It’s National #ItalianFood Day! And it’s Galentine’s (Valentine’s) Day! AND it’s the return of Robby’s cocktails!
I’m reasonably sure that if Bear & Bug Eats ever becomes famous, it’ll be because of the cocktails. For the rest of the #ItalianFood recipes, including Italian Wedding Soup (!) and Italian Cream Cake (!!), scroll down! Thanks to Ellen from Family Around the Table for putting this together!
The Comtesse d’Italia is a fabulous first cocktail for someone who wants to look cool and sophisticated with a shaker in their hand, but doesn’t actually know what they’re doing. This is a very, very simple drink, as follows:
Put ice in a cocktail shaker. Add liquid. Shake. Pour.
This beautiful glowy orangey-pink cocktail is distantly related to the classic Negroni, which you can name drop while hosting your Galentine’s Day party / romantic Valentine’s dinner / excuse for cocktails. It also pays homage to Italy through use of Aperol and orangecello.
Aperol is an Italian aperitif — that is, made to drink in small amounts to whet the appetite before dinner. Orangecello is also Italian, the sibling to the more famous limoncello. (Also, apparently it’s very easy to make your own orange- or limoncello? Someone please try this and report back ASAP.)
To dress this drink up, float an orange peel twist right in the glass. You can also chill your martini glasses beforehand for a pretty, impressive frost and a cocktail that stays colder longer.
Happy Valentine’s / Galentine’s Day! Don’t forget to check out the other amazing #ItalianFood recipes! And if you need a themed cocktail to go along with…well.
If you make this cocktail or any of the other recipes, comment and let me know how it came out!
Credit to Robby Burroughs for this recipe!
2 ounces Aperol
2 ounces dry vermouth
1 ounce orangecello
Shake all ingredients vigorously over ice for ten seconds. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Serve!
- Baked Ziti with Meat Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carpaccio di Tonno by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Eggplant Parmesan Casserole by Simple and Savory
- Homemade Marinara Sauce by Frugal Pantry
- Italian Cream Cake with Nutty Cream Cheese Frosting by Family Around the Table
- Italian Slab Pie by All that’s Jas
- Italian Wedding Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Low Carb Lemon Chicken Piccata by Everyday Eileen
- Pasta e Fagioli by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Sandwiches by Jolene’s Recipe Journal