Slow Cooker Korean BBQ is a super easy, super flavorful way to meal prep! Ground turkey and broccoli make healthy leftovers for days!
1 lb ground turkey
1 lb broccoli florets
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup turbinado sugar
½ tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
Garnish: Sesame seeds, scallions (sliced on a diagonal)
1. Whisk together all ingredients for the sauce in a glass bowl.
2. Put ground turkey in slow cooker, breaking up into pieces.
3. Add broccoli on top of ground turkey.
4. Pour sauce onto the ground turkey and broccoli.
5. Put the lid on the slow cooker, turn on to Low, and cook for 3.5 hours.
6. After the 3.5 hours, remove the lid, and stir, breaking up the ground turkey into small pieces.
7. Replace the lid, and cook on Low for another 30 minutes.
8. Serve atop rice, garnished with sesame seeds and scallions.
*We like to add a step right before serving. We thicken the sauce by combining 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to a couple tablespoons of the warm sauce (removed from the slow cooker) to create a slurry, then stir the slurry into the slow cooker and serve.
** Some other options to try with this recipe include using ground beef or sausage in place of the turkey, subbing brown sugar for the turbinado, and subbing some chili paste for the ground red pepper.
*** We always double this and eat it for leftovers!
Keywords: asian, slow cooker, rp strength, meal prep