Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- ⅔ cup butter
- ⅔ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 11 x 15-inch jellyroll pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and shortening. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. When well combined, add chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Cool and cut into bars.