Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (5 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (or, 1 cup light brown sugar + 1 tablespoon molasses)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk or sift together dry ingredients, flour through cardamom (if using); set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars until mixture is fluffy and the color lightens.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients with oats and raisins, just until no flour is visible.
- Drop in 2-tablespoon balls onto cookie sheets. Bake 10-13 minutes, or until tops are golden but the cracks are still moist.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before moving to wire rack.
- Whisk all icing ingredients together. Use a piping bag or zipper storage bag with a corner cut off to drizzle over the cookies.