Infused Olive Oils for #FoodGifts
- To make one 4 oz. bottle:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3–4 sprigs of any combination of rosemary, thyme, oregano, or sage; or 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Using tongs or a wire frying basket, completely submerge each bottle for 30 seconds. Remove and allow to drain and cool.
- Place herbs in a single layer between two paper towels and microwave in 30-second intervals until completely dried.
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil until it reaches 180 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Place herbs into cooled bottles. Pour oil over herbs and seal. Keep for up to 3 months.