Healthy White Bean Dip for #FootballFoods
- Yield: 4 appetizer servings 1x
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans
- Olive oil
- 4–6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- About 1/2 bunch fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2–4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the beans well. Place in a small saucepan with enough olive oil to just cover (optional: add a bit of salt).
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the garlic.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans and garlic to a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding some of the cooking oil if needed.
- Return the olive oil to medium-high heat. Fry the sage for about 30 seconds or until just crispy, then drain on a paper towel.
- Stir red pepper, sage, and lemon juice into beans. Adjust with salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice to taste.
- Serve warm with baby carrots, celery sticks, and baked tortilla chips.