Handmade Fettucine with Herbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs (I like rosemary and oregano)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 eggs
- In a food processor, pulse herbs and salt a few times to blend.
- Add flours; process a few more seconds.
- Add eggs. Process for about 30 seconds, or until the mix suddenly becomes one coherent ball of dough.
- Break off a small chunk of dough; cover the rest with a towel to prevent drying. Stretch or flatten the lump a bit with your hands and flour lightly.
- Set the roller to the lowest setting. Pass the pasta through twice.
- Continue to flatten the pasta by increasing the roller settings. Pass the dough through each setting twice. Flour lightly and often.
- When it reaches your desired thickness, run it through a pasta shaper or use a pizza cutter to cut it into ribbons, squares, etc.
- Pasta can be dried at this point. Lay pasta flat on baking sheets, drape over a pasta drying rack, or form into nests. Dried fresh pasta can be kept 2 days in the fridge or 2 weeks in the freezer.
- Cook in salted, boiling water. Fresh pasta cooks in 2-3 minutes; add another 1-2 minutes for dried.