While I’m on maternity leave with our baby girl, a few awesome fellow bloggers have stepped in to help fill the gaps! Today Anne from Simple and Savory brings you a delicious Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie Bowl! Hop on over to her blog for more amazing recipes!
Hi it’s Anne from Simple and Savory, a blog that focuses on easy and delicious recipes that are made with real food. I’m happy to be guest posting for Katie while she is adjusting to her new life of being a mom.
I love to cook, but I have to admit that breakfast is the least favorite meal to make because mornings during the week are busy! Busy doesn’t mean you should take a break from breakfast though, it’s the most important meal of the day. That’s why I start my day off right with a solid healthy breakfast like smoothies or smoothie bowls.They are quick, easy, filling and full of nutrients and protein.
I picked up some fresh strawberries from a local farm the other day, and as you probably know, they don’t last long. I’ve been using them in all kinds of dishes for several days. I decided to use the last bit up in a smoothie bowl for breakfast. It was so good, I had to share it.
There are only five healthy ingredients in this bowl; strawberries, spinach, avocado, protein powder and water. The strawberries naturally sweeten up this smoothie bowl, the spinach which you can’t taste adds nutrients and antioxidants, and the avocado gives this bowl a creamy texture. Grab your blender and let’s make a smoothie bowl!
Huge thanks to Anne from Simple and Savory for this fabulous recipe, and for making my life a little easier while I cuddle a new baby!
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- Yield: 1 smoothie
- 8 to 10 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- A handful of baby spinach leaves – about ½ cup
- ¼ to ½ avocado, depending on how creamy you like your smoothie
- 1 scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder – my favorite is Aloha
- ¼ cup water plus ¼ cup ice chips or a few ice cubes (if using frozen fruit, use ½ cup water)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until all ingredients are liquefied and blended together.
- Top with granola, nuts, seeds, fruit, or coconut.
- Strawberries can be substituted with any type of berry or a combination of berries!